Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Here's What I Know Today

(It ain't much.)



This child slays me.

SLAYS ME.


* * *


The days of the snowman-y theme are numbered here at AB-Inc.
Never have I been so ready for winter to be over in a winter that utterly lacked, well, wintry-ness.  

No matter.  I'm over it.  BRING ON THE TULIPS, is what I'm saying.

* * * 

Elijah just asked me if he can call me Big Granny. 

Big Granny.

* * *

I'm feeling a little stressed out as I'm down to my last four episodes of Murder, She Wrote.   

That's all I can say about that right now.

* * * 

This. I know I've been talkin' Pinterest too much a lot this week, but forget thumbs up
...this little dish gets two hands up from me. Make it today.  Go ahead.  Trust me.

* * *

I'm secretly hoping that Katie is seriously missing her sweet new nephew and is planning to surprise us with a visit very soon.  (Don't tell her as I don't want to exert undue influence.)  This would be a very good thing in that I'm really-really missing my littles.  That silly girl?  Those yummy little-boy smiles?  Forgetaboutit.

* * *

I do not like to prepare breakfast.  Like seriously.   If I don't have hard boiled eggs in the fridge or oatmeal prepared ahead of time or strawberries for my favorite cereal it's going to be a chocolate chip granola bar.
Because that's just the way it is.

Just so's you know, I just this minute ate a granola bar.

* * *

These last couple of days that have strongly resembled winter have cleared out and I'm not even a little sorry.  Back to the 50s!  With abundant sunshine!  And no brutal, knock-me-on-my-bum wind!

* * *

A book should probably be written on the stalling tactics of the first-grader.  I'm glad this first spring we're just getting our feet wet, so to speak, as this kid is way more clever than I in the ways of being very terribly busy doing nothing.


The big accomplishment of today appears to be getting the spelling words written out.  

His mama will be so proud.


Also, I may have just uttered the words, Dude, that's not even a little bit cool.  

I don't remember.

* * *


 This child slays me some more.


SLAYS ME.




Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment