Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mostly Just Wanting to See...



So today is Ash Wednesday.  


Last year I observed Lent by fasting from something utterly meaningless and yet pitifully important to me.  


This year the season is literally on top of me and I still have no idea if...or what I will "give up."  



(Whatever I decide, I think I might keep it just between me & my sweet Jesus this time around :)



I'm not sure why I'm so completely unsure/unsettled this year - I was so certain last year.  


Maybe it's because I'm feeling altogether generally unsettled and overall squirmy right now.


I'm also not sure why I feel so...private about it this year.  
It's interesting how God works differently in our hearts in different seasons, isn't it?


What I do know is time spent with Jesus while focusing on his unfathomable sacrifices for Mess-of-a-Me, is sweet, sweet time well spent, and I'm looking forward to seeing what He wants to show me over the coming weeks.


Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.  Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.  Psalm 51:1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment