Friday, February 3, 2012

A Bit of Catching Up But Mostly Just Wanting Free Popcorn





What with my new busy-ness and all I'm having slight difficulty settling into my new rhythm.


For instance, I am woefully behind in my bloggy reading.  I've managed to keep up with my IRL friends but let's just say I have no idea how BigMama's diet has been going, and I can only hope Sophie is doing okay without me, and don't even get me started on how I haven't popped over to check on Beth in days on end.  


In the last couple of days I've hopped on to see their most recent renderings, but it'll take a rainy Saturday to catch up on all the shenanigans of the last week or two.


These could be categorized as pretend problems, folks.  Pretend problems.




Peyton is wonderful and beautiful and quite possibly perfect.  
...in a sure-to-be-full-of-his-own-bad-ideas-at-some-point kind of way. 


But today in all of his one-week-old yumminess I say perfect.


* * * 


It's been a really good week with E although I'm no fool.  It's all fun and games until the honeymoon period wears off and I make him do...anything he doesn't want to do.  That's okay.  I'm not skeered.
(much.)


* * * 


So in other news, I have whined about this very thing every day this week:  Morning.   It's much earlier than I remembered.  That just might be my biggest struggle with homeschooling.


Which likely means we'll be in great shape because seriously?  Morning issues seem to be overcomeable in a Renee-get-over-yourself kind of way.  


But no kidding, getting to sleep at a decent time is literally impossible on the nights that I work a full shift, so Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays are going to be especially....early for me.  You can pray about that if you want.  I don't mind dragging my sorry self out from under my comforter, but I don't want to drag a sleepy/cranky/whiny/complainy attitude with me!  So far God has protected us both from the person I know I can be, ha!






Mainly what I'm scrambling for right now is some time management skillz.  I have at least half-a-dozen unwritten posts in my head and a to-do list that is growing by the day.  
I have a sneaking suspicion that my Saturdays' value just shot through the roof.


* * * 

Speaking of Saturdays, it appears a teacher's work is never done (wink-wink).  Evidently tomorrow is Teacher Appreciation Day(?) at Upwards, and seeing as how I'm now a teacher I will be heading off to Rainbow (I think.  Details are most certainly not my spiritual gift.) in the morning to get free popcorn and cheer the boys on in their basketball-y endeavors.  It'll be fun!  I haven't seen them play at all because usually it's early in the morning all the way across town & I'm up so late working.  Tomorrow in the spirit of giving me a break the games are a little later in the a.m. and I am  SO THERE.



Great.  Now all I can think about is that free popcorn.  






Have a Full-of-Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment