Thursday, March 22, 2012

I miss her

Let's talk about her for a minute, shall we?




Oh my heart.

 
She has it firmly in her two little, verybusy hands, and I don't even expect she will give it back.


This is the the child who a few weeks ago I hear wailing and sobbing - and did I mention wailing - in the background while I was talking with her mama.  Kate casually - dare I say disinterestedly - reports that she's fine.  She was just upset because she wanted to go outside and play with her "friends."

who are teenage boys.

riding their skateboards.

In the street.


She's three.


(Insert Ha! here)


This is the child who thoroughly enjoys hugging real tight for a long time with her face pressed right up against mine, in essence reducing me to a puddle on the floor.  Babygirl is affectionate.  And funny.  And kind (unless her brother ticks her off, which is nearly all the time, but we're not talking about that right now...)


This is the child who has on occasion caused alarm with all the distressed hollering only to discover she's simply concerned about the current plight of her dear friends the Backyardigans.  She tries valiantly to help them, but alas, they don't seem to hear very well.


This is the child who was supposed to come for a visit but opted instead for a fever and lingering cough, which she generously shared with her little brother.


sigh.


I had plans, y'all.  Big plans full of big fun.  We were going to walk the neighborhood, and snuggle on the couch, and love little Peanut, and rock on her horse, and test her love of the smoothie, and visit, visit, visit with people who haven't seen her in a while.  We were also going to read some stories and watch some Birds and Dinosaur Train, and drink no less than a gallon (or two) of chocolate milk.


I might or might not have pinned a recipe for "Resurrection Rolls" that I wanted to try out with her.  You put a marshmallow in the middle of the dough to create an empty center.

I'm intrigued.


I quite possibly harbored a hankering to share a Lorax-related adventure, but after the Great Pooh Debacle of 2011 that was still in the planning stages.



Unfortunately, there is no Plan B at this time.





But I thank ya for the chat.

It helps to talk :)



Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment