Saturday, March 10, 2012

Three Babies and a "Link"



So I totally stole this photo off Kari's blog.  Except both she and her sister have given me free reign over such shenanigans, so it seems that would negate the criminality of my behavior.

Either way.  They have better photos than I.

Partly because they live with those awesome babies and partly because well, you know me and cameras.


Whatever.  Isn't he cute??  Just so's ya know, the sun was in his eyes.  He doesn't always sport the evil eye.



I had promised both my daughter and my sister that I'd send them this link and it occurred to me that you might enjoy it too.  Have you heard of Jen Hatmaker's new book, "7:  An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess?"  This book is on my short list to read and by short list I mean very next. 

I've been trying (and trying!) to win it free on various blogs to no avail.  It would appear I am no winner.  Therefore, I schlepped to Lifeway today to pick it up...and they are sold out. 

You know what this means, don't you?  Yup.  I now have to wait for Amazon. 

*sigh*

Anyway, I first heard about the book on her blog a while back and was amazed at how her post resonated with how I've been feeling.  I immediately wanted to read more so I did what we do in 2012 and read part of the first chapter online.  Some Good Stuff is what it was.   I'll keep you posted after I really dive in.  Of course it would be even better if you dove in with me. 

Whatcha think, wanna come with?


(p.s.  Becca & Lauren - Jen has children born in Ethiopia.)



Oh yeah!  There's also this!




(Commence swooning here.)


(But only if you want.)



Happy Weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment