Thursday, March 8, 2012

Why don't y'all just title this one for me; I'm too tired.

This morning I woke up REALLY TIRED.

Fatigued.

Underslept.

Pooped out.


So I did what any self-respecting American mother/grandmother/auntie/teacher would do.  I dragged my sorry, I-can't-function-long-on-five-hours-of-sleep self up out of that comfy bed with the down comforter in the button-y cover, staggered down the steps to unlock the front door in case Elijah came before I was finished up, and hopped stepped fell into the shower.

Seventy-six minutes later (I KID!), after enjoying the refreshing goodness that only steamy water can provide, I proceeded to put on pants without elastic, and oh-yes-I-did, the eyeliner. 

That's right folks.  I made up this face to the point that I now feel completely confused.  My body keeps wandering towards the door because JEANS and also EYELINER.


And technically I don't have a single plan to actually leave the house.  Although that could change because I fundamentally believe it's a waste of clean jeans and perfectly innocent cosmetics to use them up for just me. 

Anyone wanna come play?

Anyone?

Call me...


On a 100% unrelated note and without even a hint of a segue, I'm considering a manicure this weekend.  Which of course means it is entirely possible that I'll indulge in a manicure sometime in the next 12 months or so.

But let's pretend, shall we? 

It's been years, and by years I mean YEARS, since I've thrown money straight out the door like that, but I just can't get the thought out of my head.  What I would really-really like is a pedicure (or both! gasp!) but my faint recollection is they cost even more than the aforementioned manicure and I can't imagine allowing myself that kind of  OUT OF CONTROL.  However, in my defense, my cuticles are mocking me.  Also, let's just say it's been a long, confusing winter for the toes, and I may or may not have mangled no less than two of them in separate unfortunate furniture-encountering incidents.

...

...

...and that's it.  I'm as embarrassed and sorry as I can be, but that's all I've got.

I'm tired and my cuticles are in need of professional help.


This is surely a new low for us here at AB!Inc., but I have purposed in my heart to always be honest with y'all, even in the hard times.


Just remember, if you're tired this morning it could be GREAT FUN to find your eyeliner and pretend that your day is full of the REALLY EXCITING.  And if it's not?  Well, do what I'm going to do...

Head to the Target and purchase yourself a fountain-Pepsi on ice, and then drag your sweet nephew around quizzing him on pennies versus nickels. 

I'm no expert but I think the plan has potential.


Y'all have a well-groomed Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment