Tuesday, May 22, 2012

apparently i'm a 12-year-old girl with no self-control


Well I did it.  


I succumbed to peer pressure.  


It was mild, subliminally-introduced peer pressure, but pressure nonetheless.


You'd think by the time a person reaches the alleged age of 46 she would know to listen to that voice inside her head saying "don't do it Missy you have no self control," instead of her friends yapping on and on about how fun competing with total strangers to build wordy goodness is - but apparently not.  


I started playing Words with Friends Sunday night. 


I kinda haven't stopped since.  

I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to take a bloggy leave of absence so I can devote myself full time to my word-building pursuits.  


I might even go pro.


(Winning optional)


Or maybe I'll just keep it casual like I have today with my incessant obsessing in a purely recreational way.



Either way, mainly I just want to meet the person who uses words like "hove" and "zeta" in their everyday conversation.

Like seriously, who does that?  

I don't want to seem paranoid, but I suspect some Googling is taking place in the great world of word games.  

I thought I knew a word or three but I'm currently feeling rather dense, which requires me to play all the more.


At least it appears my Facebook settings are okay, so I'm not annoying everyone I ever met every time I post a four-letter word equaling 13 points.  I can't think of a person in the world who needs such irrelevance.


If y'all have any other bright ideas for me just drop me a line.

Apparently I'm a sucker for every passing fad that no longer requires a smart phone.



Y'all have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment