Thursday, May 24, 2012

a little something in the way of a plea for help







Here's the thing.  My eyes were open until around three this morning.  

As in 3 o'clock.  

In the a-m.


That's a little too late for an alleged 46-year-old.


I'm not gonna lie.  I slept on the couch for the sole reason of moving as little as possible.  My alarm went off at 7:30 and I staggered over with my eyes closed to unlock/open the front door and then staggered back with my eyes closed to my bed couch.

I might have sent out a pretend-perky "Hey Sweetie!" as Elijah walked through the door, maintained consciousness until I was sure PBS was set, and returned to my coma, where I remained for approximately another 55 minutes.


I might be onto something because it helped.


But here's the thing.  I need to figure out how to fall asleep QUICKLY after finishing work at night.  It didn't matter before, but now that I'm educating the Future President of the United States of America I can't lollygag around after work.  


Lollygagging must now be a during-the-day activity no exception.


So here's where you come in.  I need some suggestions on how to fall asleep STAT after work.   I've thought about taking some Tylenol PM an hour or so before the end of my shift but am afraid it'll make me all groggy the next morning. 

And unfortunately that's all I've come up. 

Do you think exercise sort've mid-evening might help?  Warm milk (gross!)?  Help a girl out, would ya, and drop me your helpful suggestions in the comments?

(or Facebook) 

(or the Twitter) 

(or telephone, or telegram, or carrier pigeon...)?


I have to run for now.  The Future Leader of the Free World needs to practice his addition facts.



Happy Thursday-almost-Friday-Yaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment