Saturday, May 19, 2012

favorite reads: the time i couldn't pick just one so i picked two.


Picture by Katie

I know, I know. 

I've been a total slacker this week and I'm not even sure what my explanation would be. 

You know, if I tried to share an explanation. 

I vote we just move along and embrace mercy, how 'bout it?


(I'm sure y'all have been much too busy doing interesting things and what-have-you to have even noticed my absence anyway :)



Truth be told, I'm not only behind in my bloggy writings but also in my readings.  I'm starting to feel slightly out-of-the-loopy.


However, what I lacked in quantity this week I certainly made up for in some yummy quality. 


For this reason I'm going to leave ya with a couple of my favorites and a heartfelt suggestion that you click on the Compassion Tanzania button on your right and fill yourself right up with some healthy perspective, and encouragement, and perhaps a side dish of inspiration, because they are just that good.


First off, can I just say that Angie Smith sometimes takes my breath clean away with the beauty she creates with a few simple words? 

This week it was her blog post, simply titled, Pattern, that just about did me in. 

Did I mention breathtaking? 

Did I mention how much I love beautifully arranged words? 


Yeah, well.  It bears repeating.



Going in a somewhat different direction, The Nester was in Tanzania last week, and her sweet post about meeting her sponsored child teenager was mildly funny, and tender, and respectful, and touching...and ultimately convicting. 

All in all a pretty effective result to stringing some jet-lagged, sleep-deprived, out-of-one's-comfort-zone words together.  And all that from the woman who had no intention of ever stepping foot toward anywhere not home.


God is so funny how He gets us where we never intended to be ;)

Picture by Katie

Unfortunately, I have NOT spent the last few non-writing days actually cleaning my house, so I must now bid my leave in order to clean not one, but two toilets and scrub a tub.

and wash some dishes.

and vacuum a carpet.

and remind myself to be ever thankful for my lovely home that is not a mud hut in the middle of a beautiful field in a far-away land.


Amen.



Happy Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment