Saturday, May 26, 2012

six on saturday


Last year!


1.  I should be not loafing around on the computer.  I should be scrubbing that toilet that never got scrubbed last week.  But don't worry, because I'm just  going to chat for a just a couple of minutes and then I'll get to work.


No really.  I will.


I will because I'm joining the pool this year!  For real.  I've already filled out the application and will drop it off whenever I get my (TMI alert!) legs shaved and cut me up some watermelon.  Because for whatever reason, I feel small Rubbermaid containers filled with fruit belong at the pool.

It helps to offset the many servings of fountain Pepsi on ice I see looming. 

Anyway, I must get back to work because I don't want to spend all my sunny time scrubbing toilets, and today is the day I have designated to get my life in order, effectively undoing 6.5 months of disorder in the next six hours. 


2.  I don't know how many of you are on Twitter, but I have two new favorites.  Here they are in no particular order.  

That @ChurchCurmudgeon, he tickles me!  I have no idea who he actually is, but he writes from the perspective of, well, a curmudgeon who loves church.  Warning:  He likes to pick on youth pastors and worship leaders.  I'm 77% sure it's all in good fun.  

The @HonestToddler is hilarious.  His (her?) (I'm not sure) tweets are written from the perspective of a toddler.  Fun!  Warning:  This little one talks (i.e. tweets) often.


3.   You know it's summer when I buy fruit and make my corn/bean salad.  I also have in my possession everything I need for more salsa.


4.  Also, I bought chips!  And they are GOOD!





5.  My friend gave me a gift card to Target a few weeks ago just because she loves me.  I deliberated long and hard on how it should be spent, and after much encouragement from Kari to not, in fact, use it on extravagances such as toilet paper and razor blades, I ultimately opted for a little MP3 player.  I've wanted one for approximately 100 years or three.  (As we've thoroughly established, I'm nothing if not at least three-quarters of a decade behind the times.)  

I think it'll be fun to take to the pool, but that leads me to my next question.  I need some good pool tunes.  Don't get me wrong, I love my Travis Cottrell and Hillsong and Chris Tomlin and Christy Nockels, but this is THE POOL, people.

I'm wanting some straight up fun music for my fun-in-the-sun times.  Anyone have any favorites right now?  Nothing sad or moody, either, so as much as I enjoy Adele, she won't fit my cool summer sound either.  

(Except, maybe, for Rolling in the Deep...LOVE!)  


I'm thinking more Britney and less Nora.  

(Except, you know, not Britney.)


Whatever.  Somehow I lost track of where I was going. 


Oh yeah.  Fun summer music suggestions?  


6.  Along the same lines, any book ideas?  I have several serious-ish, nonfiction choices in my general lineup, but for the pool I prefer borderline mindless fiction.

Again, NO SAD.  I don't want to hear about how Karen Kingsbury will change my life.  

I have zero desire to cry at the pool - and honestly - I know this makes me sound a tad senior citizen-y, but I can cry my way through Seven or One Thousand Gifts anytime.  At this point in my life I don't need crying in my pretend world.


Where was I again?

Oh yeah.  Fun fiction suggestions?



Well good grief, I just spent 35 minutes not scrubbing my toilets...Gotta run!



Happy Saturday, y'all :)



No comments:

Post a Comment