Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Goals. I've Got a Couple


So I'm linking up with The Nester this morning.  She's throwing a little party over at her place today and I wanted to play!  The subject?  Home Goals.  


For this passive reactor valiantly trying to bring purpose to her steps, writing down a couple of things that I've been putting off for ages and ages goals for the year sounds like a good idea.  And I'm thinking posting said goals on the worldwideweb can only help.


Accountability.  It's a good thing.


I wish I had the energy at 1:30 in the a.m. to be all adorable and clever...and I really really wish I had fun pictures to correspond with the adorable-ness and also clever-ness, but you might remember I'm a touch camera-challenged at the moment.  Kari lent me her little point-and-shoot but evidently it needs charging.  or something.  Who can really know for sure?  All I know is it's currently in a useless state.


Anyhoo, I wandered through my house a couple of times this week, and very quickly compiled the following list.  I could surely add others but let's get real...If I got all of these done it would be a home-decorating miracle.  No sense in getting carried away.


Therefore, without further ado, behold the list.  Of home-related goals.  
In short, a to-do list for the grand year of twenty-twelve.  


It's gonna be a purty one!





Paint the mirror in the living room.  I'm ashamed and chagrined to admit that I bought the paint back in the summer.  You can't really tell in this picture, but I feel like it's way too metallic and shiny.  I want to try to even it out a bit.  I think I keep procrastinating because I'm afraid I'll ruin it...but there's no room for wimpy-ness in home decorating.  I'll keep ya posted!


Paint the kitchen.  My children have painted all of my other major spaces for me, but the kitchen is sadly blah.  This is the year, my friends. I can feel it!


Redecorate the bathroom.  I am SO OVER my bathroom.  I've had the same shower curtain for approximately a hundred years, and the rugs & what-have-you are just a hodge-podge of randomness.  I want new...everything in there.  The only thing holding me back is a (somewhat) manageable sum of money and making a decision.  Oh how the decisions wear me out...


Start collecting fun plates for the kitchen wall.  And then pull down the shelf I have there now and hang 'em.  Of course this will require some scavenging and I'm not so good at that.  Time will tell on this one, but I'm going to try.


Refresh my "blessings" wall in the living room.  Poor Owen hasn't even made the wall yet.  Owen is now fourteen months old.  There aren't enough excuses in the world to make that okay.


Hem & iron all the bedroom curtains. They were hung during my birthday surprise, but they were too short.  I ripped the hem out but never re-hemmed them, or pressed them.  Seriously, y'all...It's so hard to care about the little details when you're the only one who sees them.


Make Jeremy's t-shirt quilt (shhh...it's a surprise!)


Find a good pattern and make a baby doll for Audrey.  I really want to make her a doll baby for Christmas next year.  If any of you have any suggestions for me I'd really appreciate it.  So far all I have is the glimmer of a dream and no plan whatsoever.


Sort toys and set up playroom upstairs.  The toys are overrunning the house.  I plan to reorganize and fix up the spare bedroom as a playroom.  This one should be fairly easy.  Practically all I will need is some gumption.


Clean out my disaster of a closet.  Oh y'all it's bad.  Real bad.


Tidy kitchen cabinets and clean out lid drawer.  See above regarding the bad.

I also want to start accumulating interesting picture frames so I can hang them going up my stairs.  This one will likely take some time, but I'm going to keep an eye out as I'm out and about.


One more thing!  I have a bunch of apple crates that I've used for approximately a thousand years as end tables/book shelves/toy boxes/foot stools, etc.  I want to stain them.  I saw that on Pinterest & it seems easy enough.  I even have some stain already.



So there you have it.  Most of this is easily done with minimal expense.  Which means I don't have much in the way of an excuse.  Which means I need to get busy.

Do you have anything you've been wanting to do around your house?  Do tell!


Have a great Wednesday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment