Tuesday, January 10, 2012

In Summary, I'm Going to the Grocery Store and Soon We're Having a Baby

Well folks, today is going to be a busy one.  I'm at that place where you know you have to go to the store but you don't want to because it has been too long and will therefore wear you out and render you penniless.  Yup.  That place.

I've been out of milk & assorted basic foodstuffs for at least a week, and I'm not sure I can put it off any longer.  I've actually begun craving things like lettuce and blackberries.  and granola.  and PW's new cheeseburger salad.  It's time is what I'm saying.

After a bit of thinking back it has become apparent to me that I haven't shopped for basic groceries since before I came down with the Plague.  A month ago.  Therefore, I'm thinking at a minimum there will be a stop at The Kroger, and The Target, and probably Marshall's because I have a credit and would like to find something new to wear because I'm a girl and something new to wear always makes us feel good.  I might also perhaps drop in at the mall because I don't know if you've heard, but the holidays are over and evidently there is stuff on the cheap right now.  Couldn't hurt, could it?  


If there's time I might run by Kari Beth's to deliver some window mistreatments for Peyton's room...some lunch might be in order...and frankly I could use some stamps.  And of course there is That Job that always seems to get in the way of the gallivanting.  All in all I'm thinking it's shaping up to be one of those days, albeit one of those productive-in-a-way-other-people-can't-see sort of way.


Enough of that, let's move on to what's filling up my mind these days.




Yeah.  Them.


I've been trying to get all organized and cleaned up from my time with the plague and the holidays and what-have-you because I don't know if I've mentioned it lately but my baby girl is HAVING A BABY.

At this point his arrival is practically imminent and I've said not a lot here on the old blog. 
Can you even believe how restrained I've been?




To tell you the truth, I've really only been restrained on the worldwideweb.  Around these parts I've been planting my hand on her tummy pretty much every time I see her.  Peyton has been reasonably cooperative in moving around, I suspect sometimes attempting to get away from my annoyingly enthusiastic HOLLERING QUIETLY at my daughter's midsection. 

I can just imagine him thinking what on earth is going on out there and who in the world is that loud woman with all the I-love-you talk.  In my opinion it's never too early to start filling a baby up with love.

Anyway, Kari's doing pretty well.  She's had a few little complications with gestational diabetes & what-not, but the doctor seems content and pleased, and now that they have her sugar under control I think she's feeling a bit better.  I'll keep you posted (like you ever doubted it, ha!) as things progress. 


Katie, Jeremy and I can hardly wait to meet him!  Audrey?  Not so much.  She's not particularly into Peyton except where his toys are concerned.  I suspect she may be a little ticked off when her Wiwi is all busy with this tiny little Bundle-O-Joy and not at her constant bidding. 

Things are going to be fun all around :)




My Mary took pictures of Kari & Drew back before the holidays, and she said I could post some here. 

Because she loves me. 

I think they're beautiful, Mary.  And I love you too ;)




(Oh how I love this face!)



Happy Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment