Wednesday, January 25, 2012

See? I TOLD You I'd Keep Ya Posted

So here's the thing.  


I am now somewhat less than pretty sure that today will be Peyton's birthday.  Kari had a busy night full of contractions and what-have-you, and everyone was terribly impressed with the quality of her contraction-y work.  So pleased, in fact, that they delayed the Pitocin and decided to give her a little time to do her thang. 


This went pretty well for a while but then eventually those self-same contractions that were receiving the heaps and piles of praise petered out, got tired, and in general took a nap.  So after some conferring and delaying and all around letting time go by, the decision was made to go forth with the Pitocin...and a while after that she proceeded with the epidural, and Doc M (the very same doctor who delivered Kari Beth all those 24 years ago!) broke the bag, and can I just say in my opinion that sounds kind've yucko.  I don't know for sure because I didn't look because I had taken myself to The Chick-Fil-A.


What?  A girl and a new dad has gotta eat.


Anyway, that's where we are.  One sleepless night down and don't tell Kari but I suspect we have another one looming before us.  


Overall she's stable and has been a trooper, but I might as well just go ahead and tell you that the epidural is definitely not covering her pain and she has now entered the nauseous, somewhat grody, and overall miserable stage of birthing a baby.


And yet we're still just tickled pink - or actually BLUE, ha!


If you'd like to pray for her that would be great.  I'm praying for strength, & energy, and better coverage of her pain...and God's perfect protection of her and our precious baby boy!


No comments:

Post a Comment