Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Peek-A-Boo!


Well I haven't gotten the pix together yet so I suppose I'll be talking about Christmas well into the month of January.  I'm actually not sure that's such a terrible thing.  I imagine the world won't stop spinning on its axis or anything so I'll try to grant myself a bit of grace today :)  Frankly I'd much rather watch the Passion live stream than edit pictures!  


That being said, there was something else Christmas-y that I had wanted to share with y'all, and I bet the timing is perfect with all the after-Christmas sales.  I'm buying a new Christmas book each year, choosing something age-appropriate for the babies as they grow.  It's turning out the new choices will be mostly Audrey-age-appropriate because, well, she's growing first, ha!


I didn't purchase anything that first Christmas, the reason being I hadn't thought of it yet, but on Audrey's second Christmas I bought this simple little book.




Kari and I wandered around the Children's section at Barnes & Noble FOREVER as I tried to make a decision, and Kari saw this one on the display table in the front.
Figures.


It was a little hard for me because it cost more than $4.99 and therefore made me twitch a little bit...but as it turns out, we made an excellent choice.

It's a touch-and-feel with flaps, and we read it over, and over, and OVER again that first year.  And then we read it over, and over, and OVER again the next year.  And this year?  Owen and I read it over, and over, and OVER again.  Seriously, y'all, this was the best not-quite-twenty-dollars I have probably ever spent for the littles.  I'm not quite sure what it is that is so delightful to them, but I'm thinking after two babies I can call it an unqualified success.  Also, it doesn't hurt a bit that it's about eight bucks on amazon right now :)







Do me a favor, wouldya, & pretend Owen and I are reading in this photo.  sigh.  I was sure I had a picture of us reading it but can't find it right now...
Figures.


Happy Tuesday :)



No comments:

Post a Comment