Monday, October 3, 2011

31 Days: I Love Learning Something New



For about a 100 years or maybe 11 or 12 months I have been fascinated by the myriad of possibilities when playing with all things bloggy.  If you were to use a phrase such as "grabbing a button" or "building code" I would definitely think you were a highly intelligent person who would find me somewhat simple in my thinking. 


As this last year has rolled by I've learned a thing or three...and I love it!


Now I'm not ashamed to admit that most of my new discoveries are still of the superficial nature, meaning I might learn how to do something but it's highly probable that I have no idea why.  

But still.  The curtain of mystery is sloooowly inching it's way up. 


Case in point?  Looky at my fun button!  


I made it 50% by myself & I'm so proud :)

I say 50% because The Nester actually contributed the little box with the 31-days-of portion.


Okay fine, perhaps I made it 30%-ish by myself.  But still...

The point is I learned a little something.


It happened just like this.  While perusing the comments on Nester's post I happened upon Shannan's tutorial right here, and she made it easy peasy.  Now I'm not gonna lie.  The first time I read through her instructions I feared my brain might explode, but when I took it down to a step-by-step basis it worked out exactly as she said it would.


I had little time to tweak it and play with it and be otherwise creative because, well, I was a last-minute Sally (again), and couldn't spend much longer than too long to throw it together, but I did catch a glimpse of all the potential for FUN, and I can't wait to play around with my newfound, and quite possibly dangerous, knowledge.



And I'm just going to say it.  The older and older that I get, the more joy I find in the thrill of understanding something previously unknown.



Next up for me on the knowledge train is figuring out how to link the contents of a label inside a post a la Flower Patch Farmgirl.  


UPDATE:  She did it!  Shannan came to my rescue, taught me something new, and now you can find the rest of my 31 Days of Things I Love series right here



Also, to see more 31-dayers just click here.



Happy Monday!
(By the way - I would be remiss if I neglected to tell you that - only if you want - you can "grab my button" and put in on your own blog by copying & pasting the code found on my left sidebar. Yes Kari I'm talking to you, ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment