Monday, October 10, 2011

31 Days: I love Mamaw Honaker's Apple Cake


In my files I have several recipes that have her name on them, and they are all favorites with my family.


However, if I had to choose I would say Mamaw's apple cake is my personal favorite.  It doesn't matter how I'm feeling, or how frazzled I might be when throwing it together, it always tastes wonderful to me...AND I've yet to find a way to mess it up.  


It is and I'm not even exaggerating, fail-safe.


After I baked one last week I gave most of it away, and one friend literally took a bite, promptly requested the recipe, and then proceeded to make one herself.  


It's that kind of yummy, is what I'm sayin.'



Mamaw Honaker's Apple Cake
1 cup oil

2 eggs
2 cups sugar
2-1/2 cups flour
1 cup nuts (I omit)
3 cups chopped apples
1 t. soda
1 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
Butterscotch chips (I use most of the bag)

Mix it all together (except for butterscotch) and spread in a 9x13 dish. It will be very thick and sticky, but no worries, the apples moisten it right up.  Once you have it all ready to go sprinkle the butterscotch chips over the top.
  


That's it. Bake for approximately 55 minutes at 350, or until the knife comes out clean.


Happy Monday!






**You can catch up on the rest of my 31 Days of Things I Love series right here

No comments:

Post a Comment