Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days of Things I Love



So here's the deal.  Ages and ages ago I learned that The Nester, along with a few friends, were going to host a 31-day challenge.  The idea is to pick a particular topic and then blog about it for 31 days straight.  Now I thought the premise was intriguing and what have you, but That Nester is awfully cool and creative and wonderful in the world of how-tos.  And let's just face it, I don't know how to do much at all.  and I certainly am not gifted with the ability to teach others how to...

unless you count how to hug on people... or how to let your dishes stack up in the sink for two(ish) days straight... or the ever-helpful how to get distracted by random television in the middle of a Saturday afternoon.

Clearly this project was completely out of my league and not befitting my own personal brand of random-silly-yet-often-sentimental procrastination.


Anyhoo.  I thought about it off and on for many weeks, perhaps even months, and finally...two days before it was to begin I officially decided to abstain.  or refrain. 

or whatever.



Well.

This morning as I was peeking at some of the other entries - and loving them, by the way - I still felt sure that this wasn't for me.  But I'm not gonna lie.  I kinda felt like I was missing out on the party.

So imagine my surprise when I was walking down my stairs this evening, thinking about how much I loved the way my little living room looked all fall-ish & cozy, and it struck me. 

It is quite likely that spending my favorite month of the year sharing the things in my life that I love...would be downright delightful!

So that's what I'm going to do.  I'm coming late-ish to the party, but I'm in.  And over the next 31 days I think I'll share whatever beloved thing strikes my fancy on that day.

Seriously, y'all.  I'm thinking a month of focusing on all the random beloved in my life sounds like a party I just can't turn down...and what would make it even more fun would be if you were to share something you love in the comments each day. 


It'll be a total LOVE-FEST around here :)


Oh - and before I completely forget the point of things...

I just LOVE my first glimpse as I come down the stairs of my all-dressed-up-for-fall, cozy-as-can-be living room.





It ain't fancy, but it sure is home :)



Happy October!







**For the rest of my Things I Love series you can click here

 and to catch up with other 31-dayers just click here

No comments:

Post a Comment