Saturday, October 29, 2011

31 Days: I Love Saturdays




So here's the thing.

I have a terrible, terrible, I tell ya, case of blogger's block.  I don't know what it is about this whole tied-to-one-topic(sort've) scenario that has me so stymied, but STYMIED I AM.

Katie thought it was amusing earlier as I was whining and complaining and she realized I'd run out of things I love.  

I am not as amused.

It's not so much that I don't have anything else to love.  

There are gazillions of things of which I am fond, but I just feel so repetitive and redundant.  and maybe a little repetitive.


sigh.


So tonight I'm just gonna ramble for  a few and then find my remote.  I'm already a couple of extra days behind schedule in getting in my 31 days due to my writer's paralysis, so if I don't push through I fear we'll be sliding into Thanksgiving :)





Katie drove in for a little while today so she and the Littles could meet her new sweet nephew, Wyatt.  (Jeremy's brother's newest bundle of joy).  They visited for about 10 minutes, and then we went out for an enchilada (for Kate!) and fajita taco (for me!) or two.  

Audrey and Owen were so good but I'm not gonna lie.  Owen is approximately 11-1/2 months old and MESSY.  I always feel like the tip should be doubled just for the baby cleanup.  

Either way, the waitress was really sweet and no one sighed loud enough for us to hear, so I'm assuming all was well.

When we got back to the house we visited for another 10 minutes and they then hit the road so they could get to the Main Event, which was the oh-so-tiny and shiny-brand-new Baby Wyatt.


Even Naynay can't compete with that kind of wonderfulness. 






My favorite part of the day was right after they arrived.  I had carried Audrey inside from the car because she was all sad about realizing she had left something suddenly vitally important back at home, and Kate brought Owen in.  

After we sat down, with Kate in the chair across from me, Owen started reaching for me & smiling (awww...), so Katie put him down, and he walked right to me :)  

It was just maybe three or four steps with the typical new-walker landing into my arms at the end, but he was definitely walking.  As I scooped him up he snuggled right up with me laying his cheek on mine.  


It doesn't get any better than that, folks.





After they left I felt kinda lonely but mostly chilly, so I pulled out my trusty favorite black blanket (thanks again Kate!) and enjoyed an episode of Murder, She Wrote.  That Angela Lansbury is like a plate of warm cookies to me :)


One more thing.  My new sewing machine arrived today!!  I am so excited and yet also a little stressed thinking about all the stuff I need want to get done. 

For starters, that would be figuring out how to operate my new sewing machine :)



Have a great night, y'all!






**To read more of the 31 Days of Things I Love just click right here

No comments:

Post a Comment